The Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information entrusted to us.
Personal and Other Information Collected by the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust
The Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust collects personal information that is voluntarily provided by you when you explore the Website, make a donation, register for an event or project, purchase merchandise, or communicate with us by mail, telephone or electronically.
- Your name, mailing address, and/or email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Purchase/donation history
- Forum/Guestbook communications and photos
- Complaints you may have about the Website and any of its content and offerings
We may also collect information through technology for routine system administration purposes, to make our Website more interesting and useful to you, or to manage content delivery. We use this information to understand which areas of our Website are most appealing or least appealing, or to deliver content that is specific to your country or area of residence.
We reserve the right to collect, distribute and use your personal information without consent where required or permitted by law.
Why Does the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust Collect Personal Information?
The Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust collects personal information for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the information, products or services you have requested, including processing your payment or donation;
- To better understand you and to allow us to serve you better through more detailed information, enhanced donor service and directed the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust promotional efforts of particular interest;
- To properly investigate and respond to any challenges, questions or concerns you may have about our service or our Website;
- To determine your eligibility for our events, programs, products and services; and
- For internal record-keeping, reporting, and data analysis.
If you opt in to receive information, offers, promotions or other content from the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust, your information will be used to provide you with offers for the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust events, programs, products and services that we believe may interest you and to solicit your opinion on our events, programs, products and services. If you have opted in to receive such information and offers, we may also use your personal information to ensure that your contact information is accurate and up to date.
What Kind of Personal Information Does the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust Disclose, to Whom and Why?
The Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust may share your personal information with certain the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust affiliates, and their respective successors and assigns, but only to the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above. In addition to this sharing with affiliates, the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- To Third Parties To Perform Processing and Other Specialised Services: At times, the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust may use outside organisations to perform specialised services such as, but not limited to, credit card processing and order fulfillment. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and they are bound contractually to protect the privacy and security of your information and to limit the use of your information to the service being provided.
- To Third Parties in the Event of Legal Reasons: We advise you that we may disclose personal information to the government or other legal or regulatory authorities (i) if so ordered by a court of law, or (ii) for other legal reasons, such as (a) to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; (b) to protect the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust’s rights and property; (c) to investigate reports of fraud or of Users sending material using a false email address or Users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; (d) to protect against misuse or unauthorised use of our Website; or (e) in emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
- To Strategic Partners. We also reserve the right to share information with our strategic partners. We do not sell or rent personal information about you (except in connection with a significant transaction as described below).
- To a Third Party in the Event of a Significant Transaction or Other Event: In the case of any significant transaction or event involving the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust or any of its affiliated entities such as, by way of example, a sale, merger, amalgamation, financing, re-organisation, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust’s various databases as part of the due diligence process. In this event, the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust would only provide such access under terms of a strict confidentiality agreement. Also, upon completion of the transaction or event, your personal information would be transferred to the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust’s successor-in-interest to be used for the purposes for which it was collected.
How Long Does The Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust Retain Personal Information?
We keep your information for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. When your personal information is no longer required for a specific purpose or legal requirement, it will be erased from our records.
What Security Measures Does the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust Have in Place To Safeguard Personal Information?
The Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust has implemented reasonable physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect your information from error, loss or unauthorised access. For example, we use industry-standard efforts, such as encryption, passwords and firewalls to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information contained on our computer systems. In addition, our employees and any third parties we use are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of your information and access is restricted to those with a need to know the information to carry out the identified purpose.
Where is my Personal Information Located?
Non-personal or aggregated information is information that cannot be associated with or traced back to a specific person. When Users browse our Website, for example, we gather information about the number of Users who are viewing each page so that we can learn what features generate the most interest. We also use this data, both aggregated and personally identifiable, to personalise and enhance your onsite experience by displaying content that we believe will be of interest to you and to deliver content that is specific to your interest. We may disclose anonymous, aggregated information about our Website to third parties.
Links to Third Party Sites
Users may, through hypertext or other computer “links,” gain access to other websites on the Internet which are not operated or monitored by the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust. The Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust of the website or content linked to.
The Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF The Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust’s WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITE WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON The Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust’s WEBSITE. Unless otherwise expressly stated at the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust’s Website, The Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust is not sponsored by or affiliated with the linked website, and trademarks used in connection with linked website are not trademarks of the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust. The Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust specifically disclaims responsibility for any inadvertent viewing by a minor of any material intended for adults on a website accessed through use of a linked website.
How to Control How Your Personal Information is Collected, Used and Disclosed
You have control over how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. Any comments, questions or changes regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information shall be directed to a the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust representative, as described below.
You may choose not to receive email from us, even after granting permission, by unsubscribing. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from emails that are not related to processing of your transactions with us are included in each such email.
A request for a copy of the personal information we keep about you, depending on the laws of your country, must be made in writing giving details with which the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust can identify you. Information will be furnished in accordance with applicable law.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain information at our Website from children under the age of 13, and no part of our Website is structured to attract those under 13.
Questions, Comments or Accessing or Updating Your Personal Information
Please note that certain information is required by the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust to process payment and fulfill any orders or donations that you may place through the Website, and if you withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information for these purposes, then the Sujit Kumar Happy Home Trust will not be able to fulfill your orders or process donations.